[UPDATED 7/29 8:15PM ]** If you’re interested in the research, you can click HERE to download Dr. Simone Gold’s HCQ White Paper, which was originally hosted on the now barred Frontline Doctors website, and click HERE to download the ebook titled “Medical Studies Support MDs Prescribing Hydroxychloroquine for Early Stage COVID-19 and for Prophylaxis” by Vladimir Zelenko, M.D., Harvey A. Risch, M.D., PH.D. and George C. Fareed, M.D.
** Update, 7/29 1:08am ET.
We now have access to the white paper hosted on the now-barred Frontline Doctors Website. You will find a link at the end of this article. We also currently have access to the full summit videos, as well as some additional resources we didn’t have earlier today.
* Before we could get this article published, YouTube removed the live-stream of the Summit that we embedded below. We are working to get access to the footage and will update this article as soon as possible. However, the press conference video is STILL available at the link below.
Hydroxychloroquine is Back In Style This Week:
Before we get into the discussion, if you haven’t seen the press conference or the summit panel, you can see BOTH the SCOTUS Press Conference and America’s Frontline Doctors’ Summit hosted by the “Second Opinion Project” AND the doctors’ response to censorship at the bottom of this page, or by clicking HERE. Please note, we do not have any raw or original footage. Everything we have is acquired, so if it gets pulled down, we will do our best to find new access, but cannot claim ownership or rights to any of the accompanying media.
If you want to have your mind blown, watch or listen to all of it. It is A LOT. No, really. We mean it. It’s a lot, lot, lot — but definitely worth it if you want to know what crazy Covid things are happening this week.
Watch it ALL for yourself! Make your own decisions.
Regardless of our varied individual views and opinions, we at The Hot Mess Press believe EVERYONE should have access to the FULL press conference video (which was apparently attended by small outlier media outlets only), as well as the summit videos, in order to make informed decisions on this topic, even if the folks at Facebook and Youtube don’t want us to. Because social media sites are private organizations, they do reserve the right to restrict content, thereby making other outlets of vital importance when it comes to transparency in sharing information. As we’ve seen in the past, many videos and sound-bytes are cut or spliced, changing their respective narratives completely, thereby creating false bias. Transparency is the goal for this article. We believe the American people are fully capable of forming educated views WITHOUT the influence of media bias and WITHOUT the aid of a predetermined agenda. As such, when we can, we will always post access to FULL, unedited and uncensored videos and audio.
Has Trump Been Vindicated By The Frontline Doctors?
Here’s what we know so far:
- As of this morning, (7/28/2020) the Frontline doctors’ press conference had gone viral and had been shared across multiple platforms. The Hot Mess Press team watched the press conference this morning at 9am on Vimeo, but that link has now been shut down. We also found that the video was no longer available on YouTube, Facebook or Twitter.
- As of 10am this morning the doctors’ website at https://www.americasfrontlinedoctors.com/ was FULLY OPERATIONAL. However, within the last two hours, that website has either crashed under the weight of massive traffic, or has been, for lack of a better term, “censored” as well (according to one of the doctors, Dr. Simone Gold, the site was, in fact, forcibly taken down — which you can hear for yourself in the final video on this page, at the bottom). We’re being patient, and we’ll keep checking the URL. We hope to have a link to the hydroxychloroquine white paper that was allegedly available on the site soon.
- The press conference, Second Opinion Project summit, and the doctors’ response to the media censorship is all still available online, but now you have to dig for it a little. (Update, as of 9:28pm, you have to dig A LOT.)
- Several media outlets, including CNN, have made quick work of publishing a plethora of critical response articles, and in some cases, has already made strides to discredit the physicians who are speaking out. For example, several outlets quickly published personal-attack pieces discussing Dr. Stella Immanuel’s spiritual and religious beliefs, using inflammatory headlines, in what, to many of her supporters, feels like an unveiled attempt to discredit her expertise and practice.
- The doctors on the panel seem to KNOW they’re putting their careers and reputations on the line by blowing the whistle on what they call “fake science” and “deadly” misinformation surrounding the use hydroxychloroquine to treat and prevent Covid-19. They seem to be well aware that they’ve stepped into the crosshairs and it also seems as though it’s a risk they’re willing to take. Today, during the summit, one doctor said, “I’m afraid to be here today.” Explaining that his friends and family didn’t want him to take the risk, but that he felt so strongly about saving the lives of the American people, he considered it too much of a risk NOT to speak.
- The doctors strongly advocate for the use of PROPHYLACTIC hydroxychloroquine, as well as EARLY INTERVENTION when addressing Covid-19. They have even gone so far as to publicly state the drug should be available over-the-counter.
- From watching, it seems to our team that the doctors’ group isn’t rehearsed or heavily scripted. They stumble over words, they become impassioned and, by-and-large, they don’t seem to be known as ‘public figures,’ until now that is.
What else have we learned about the hydroxychloroquine controversy?
The Lancet paper that halted global trials of hydroxychloroquine for Covid-19 claiming it to be deadly was RETRACTED after an investigation found inconsistencies in the data. The studies were retracted after merely two weeks. Lancet retractions almost never happen. To say it’s a rare occurrence is an understatement. Here’s a quote from The Guardian, “The lead author, Prof Mandeep Mehra, from the Brigham and Women’s hospital in Boston, Massachusetts decided to ask the Lancet for the retraction because he could no longer vouch for the data’s accuracy. The journal’s editor, Richard Horton, said he was appalled by developments. ‘This is a shocking example of research misconduct in the middle of a global health emergency,’ he told the Guardian.”
The Frontline Whistleblowers ARE NOT the Only Medical Experts Touting the Benefits of the Drug
Several other experienced doctors have come out in favor of hydroxycloroquine . According to the aforementioned group, thousands of doctors have joined their cause. All the way back in April, which to us feels like a million years ago, several thousands doctors came forward in support of the use of the drug for Covid-19. One notable proponent of hydroxychloroquin is Harvey Risch, a Yale epidemiology professor. Risch has said publicly that hydroxychloroquine is “the key to defeating COVID-19,” and that doctors should be widely prescribing it to save the lives of their coronavirus patients. According to justthenews.com, “Harvey Risch, a professor of epidemiology at Yale as well as the director of that school’s Molecular Cancer Epidemiology Laboratory, argues in a Newsweek op-ed this week that “the data fully support” the wide use of hydroxychloroquine as an effective treatment of COVID-19.” [We don’t yet know if Risch is officially part of the Frontline group, but we’re trying to find out.]
The Second Opinion Project is NOT Brand New
When a source sent us a link to the now-viral press conference, we’d never heard of the Second Opinion Project, but it turns out it’s been around since June. There are 112 videos by various doctors still up on YouTube (at least for now) dubbed “The Second Opinion Project -Full.” The project is hosted on the TPPatriots Youtube channel.
The TPPatriots, or the Tea Party Patriots, says:
Tea Party Patriots Action’s mission is to equip Americans with the resources and training they need to be engaged citizens and effective activists. Our vision is for a nation where individual liberty is cherished and maximized, where the Constitution is revered and upheld, and where Americans are free to pursue their American Dream. The group is an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that exists to promote the ideas of the Tea Party movement and to engage in charitable and educational activities.
We found dozens of MSM articles and sites (Wikipedia, calling the TPPatriots Organization a “right wing” group). From what we can tell, the organization could be considered “conservative,” but the most accurate description we could come up with is “constitutionalist” (an adherent or advocate of constitutionalism or of an existing constitution [In this case, the American one].)
Frontline Doctors Say Hydroxychloroquine Is Available OTC in Other Countries
The Hot Mess team is currently researching the availability of hydroxychloroquine as an over-the-counter drug in other countries. According to the panel of Frontline docs, people in other countries have access to the drug over-the-counter, WITHOUT a prescription. Apparently, in many places, it’s sold as a supplement.
This story is still unfolding and this piece will be updated as we have more information.